Background

Monday, July 26, 2010

Baby Bean (actually Ryan Christopher Allen)

So the much anticipated day of baby bean finally arrived on July 15th (which was my actual due date based on my first appointment). We are so excited to finally have him here!!! Being a mom is the best job ever and I have absolutely loved every minute of it. He is such a perfect little baby, but I'm not prejudiced:) We also think he is the cutest thing ever, but once again we're not prejudiced:) We've been told that from his nose up he looks like his daddy and from the mouth down he looks like his mom. He gets his gorgeous hair from his dad since my family only has kewpie dolls. I always hoped to have a baby with hair so I'm glad he got dad's jeans.

For those of you who haven't heard how fabulous my delivery was, here's the low down. I went to work on the 14th and was having some contractions, but they were definitely braxton hicks and they were about 7-8 minutes apart. I was determined to do my best to not be started so I decided to walk on the treadmill for a couple miles and about 40 minutes on the 13th and 14th. I had planned to do so until he came. Well, I'm not sure if it was the treadmill that started my labor but I know it was a blessing from my Heavenly Father. I woke up at 2:30 am on the 15th with contractions that were 5 mintues apart (they were a little more painful than usual, so I couldn't just go back to sleep). After about 45 mintues I decided I should shower just in case. By the time I got out of the shower they were 4 minutes apart. I kept getting ready and 45 mintues later I told Chris that we should get ready to go to the hospital. We had most everything ready to go since I am one of those crazy people who like to be as organized and ready for big things as possible. Chris and Kent gave me a sweet blessing before we left. I am so grateful to have worthy priesthood holders in my home!!

By the time we got to the hospital it was about 5:00 and I gave my mom a call to let her know we were there and that I would keep her posted. I was at a 3 and 90% effaced with contractions that were still about 4 minutes apart. The nurse called my doctor and let me know that they would be checking me in. My doctor said I could have my epideral any time, but my contractions weren't that bad so I decided to wait a bit to make sure my labor would continue progressing. I was put on pitocin around 6:30ish. By 7:00 the contractions got more painful (I think from the pitocin). By 7:45 I was ready for my epideral. I was only at a 4 by then. My epideral came around 8:10 and I was feeling much better. I am so grateful for epiderals!! Kudos to those moms who can survive without them. My doctor came to break my water right after the epideral and said she would see me later that night. My fabulous nurse was determined that I would be ready before then. By 10:00 I was a 6, I think, and by noon Ryan was ready.

The nurse called my doctor and while she was waiting she had me do a couple of practice pushes. The doctor finally called back at around 12:30 and said she would be over shortly. So we just kind of hung out for a while. The doctor came at around 1:10 and six pushes later, Ryan was here. He was born at 1:17 PM, weighed 7 lbs 4 oz, and was 20 inches long.
It was an amazing day and I am so grateful for my husband!! He is the best ever and I'm truly blessed to have him. It was so sweet to watch him during the delivery. He is not one to cry, so to see him cry as we saw Ryan for the first time was a sweet moment that I will never forget. Thank you to all of our families and friends for their support!! I owe my mom a super huge thanks, but that is a post that deserves to be seperate. She was also such a great support during the delivery process.

1 comment:

  1. What a BEAUTIFUL day! You two are amazing! We missed the giving birth chapter in the book!:) Ryan is darling and handsome just like his mommy and daddy! love you guys!

    ReplyDelete